Arne (St. Nicholas)
St. Nicholas's Church, Arne,
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. 8.
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by William Shipp and James Whitworth Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873, Vol. 1, 1861 pp. 98-99.
- John Kinross., Discovering England's smallest churches. London:
Wiedenfeld & Nicholson, 2003, pp. 42-43.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 77.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 19-20.
- F.P. Pitfield, Dorset parish churches, A-D. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 35-37.
- F.P. Pitfield Purbeck parish churches. Milborne Port: Dorset
Publishing Company, 1985, pp. 7-10.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 2, South-East
Dorset. London: HMSO, 1970, p. 9.
Raven (1904, p. 116) says that there was one bell in the west gable
(diameter, 31 in., height, 22 in.). He records the inscription as:
Chapman & Mears fecerunt 1782
Former bell - Love God I. D. R R T. 1625.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 17 August 2014.