Blackdown (Holy Trinity)
Holy Trinity Church,
Church by E. L. Bracebridge, 1839-40 in the far west of the
county, close to the Devon border. Consecrated by the Bishop of Salisbury, 22 April 1840.
Rebuilt after a serious fire in 1961, which explains the rather odd bellcote.
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by William Shipp and J.W. Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873, Vol. x, pp. x.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 95.
- F.P. Pitfield, Dorset parish churches, A-D. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 71-72.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 05 August 2009.