Bournemouth (St. Michael, Poole Road)
St. Michael's Church, Poole Road,
Bournemouth, August 2010
The church itself is by Norman Shaw, 1873-6, but the prominent tower is by John Oldrid Scott (the Son of Sir George Gilbert Scott), 1900-01, and the narthex by W. D. Caröe, 1930.
- Betjeman, J., Sir John Betjeman's guide to English parish
churches, revised and updated by Nigel Kerr. London: HarperCollins,
1993, p. 240.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. 14.
- Pevsner, N. and Lloyd, D., The buildings of England: Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1967, p. 124.
- Church Website (St John with St Michael): http://www.stjohnstmichael.org.uk/index.html
- Parish information: http://www.achurchnearyou.com/bournemouth-st-michael/
Foundation stone (1899) for the tower of St. Michael's Church, Poole Road,
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 13 August 2010.