Bradford Abbas (St. Mary)
St. Mary, Bradford Abbas
- Betjeman, J., Sir John Betjeman's guide to English parish
churches, revised and updated by Nigel Kerr. London: HarperCollins,
1993, pp. 180-181.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. 15.
- Garrett, E. Bradford Abbas: the history of a Dorset village.
Sparkford: Haynes, 1989, pp. 56-109.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 38-39.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N. The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 106.
- Pitfield, F.P., Dorset Parish Churches, A-D. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 91-95.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 31-34.
Current church guide (available 1996):
The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Bradford Abbas, Dorset, text by Eric Garrett, illustrations by Brian Tuck.
This excellent, illustrated, 16 page guide is described as the "George Milsom Commemorative Edition" in memory of a
Churchwarden who died in 1990. The illustrations are good and the text informative. On the cover is a reproduction of a print of an 1816
drawing of the Church.
6, 13-2-21 in F.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 29 September 2000.