St. Mary's Church, Bradford Peverell, Dorset
Church by Decimus Burton, 1849-51. Notable for its slender spire - ususual for a village church in Dorset - and for some 15th century stained glass. More recent church guides give the dedication as the Church of the Assumption.
Bell by Thomas Purdue, 1674, St. Mary's Church, Bradford Peverell, Dorset
These were for many years a ring of five, but they have recently (2010) been augmented to a ring of eight:
8, 5-3-27 in A
Three new trebles and a replacement for the old fourth were cast by John Taylor & Co (Lougborough) in 2009. The old fourth (by Thomas Purdue, 1674) is to be retained as a service bell. The remainder of the original ring are by Mears & Stainbank of 1896. For photographs of the bells and the frame, see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38405668@N06/sets/72157622922083062/
Old stained glass, north window in the chancel of St. Mary's Church, Bradford Peverell, Dorset
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day, Last updated: 30 June 2014.