St. John the Baptist's Church, Broadstone, Dorset
Located on the heathlands between Poole and Wimborne Minster, Broadstone began to grow quite rapidly in the mid-nineteenth century, especially when the railway (originally the Southampton and Dorchester) arrived at New Poole Junction (later Broadstone) in 1872. A new church, designed by W. J. Fletcher of Wimborne, was dedicated by the Bishop of Salisbury (John Wordsworth) on the 24 June 1888. Broadstone became a parish in its own right in 1906. A new north aisle was added in 1909.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day, Last updated: 21 November 2012.