Buckhorn Weston (St. John the Baptist)
St. John the
Baptist's Church, Buckhorn Weston, Dorset (2019)
Fourteenth century, with additions; west tower rebuilt 1861 by Thomas Richards of Wincanton, under the direction of T.H. Wyatt; north aisle added 1870-72 by G.R. Crickmay.
- Hill, M., Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset. New Haven, CT. and London: Yale University Press, 2018, p. 167.
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by William Shipp and J.W. Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873.
- Arthur Mee, ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, p. 48.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 121.
- F.P. Pitfield, Dorset parish churches, A-D. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 128-131.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 4, North
Dorset. London: HMSO, 1972, pp. 6-8.
6, 11𢴔, in G, overhauled 2020 by Matthew Higby & Co Ltd.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 22 July 2022.