Cerne Abbas (St. Mary)
Cerne Abbas Church, from Abbey Street
- Betjeman, J., Sir John Betjeman's guide to English parish
churches, revised and updated by Nigel Kerr. London: HarperCollins,
1993, p. 181.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches. [Dorchester]: DHCT,
1988, p. 18.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1870, Vol. x,
- Jenkins, S. England's thousand best churches. London: Allen
Lane, the Penguin Press, 1999, p. 150-151.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 55-58.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 133.
- Pitfield, F.P., Dorset parish churches, A-D. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 157-160
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An Inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. I, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 74-77.
6, 13-0-8 in F.
Cerne Abbas Church, from the south
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 24 August 2012.