Charmouth (St. Andrew)
St. Andrew's Church, Charmouth
Church by Charles Fowler, 1836-38. RCHME say that it is built of
local rubble with ashlar plinth and dressings.
- Charmouth Church History, Golden Cap Benefice: http://www.goldencapbenefice.org.uk/charmouth-church-history
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of Dorset,
3rd ed., edited by Shipp and Hodson, Westminster: [?], 186-, Vol. [?],
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 61-63.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 147.
- Pitfield, F.P., Dorset parish churches, A-D. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 172-174.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (Engand), An inventory of
historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 87-88.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 5 April 2015.