Durweston (St. Nicholas)
St. Nicholas's Church,
Perpendicular tower, church by P. C. Hardwick, 1847
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873, Vol. 1, 1861, pp. 266-267.
- Arthur Mee, ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 95-96.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 191.
- F.P. Pitfield, Dorset parish churches, A-D. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1981, pp. 230-231.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 3, Central
Dorset. London: HMSO, 1970, pt. 1, pp. 89-91.
6, 9-3-12 in F#.
Modern carvings of St. Mary and St. Nicholas on the West Tower of St. Nicholas's Church,
Carving of St Eloy shoeing a horse, in St. Nicholas's Church,
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 28 April 2011.