East Holme (St. John the Evangelist)
St. John the Evangelist, East Holme, from South, February 2016
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
John Bowyer Nichols, 1861-73, Vol. 1, 1861, pp. 551-555.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, pp. 193-194.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, p. 97.
- Pitfield, F.P., Purbeck parish churches. Milborne Port:
Dorset Publishing Company, 1985, pp. 28-30.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset , Vol. 2, South-East
Dorset, London: HMSO, 1970, Pt. 1, p. 132.
Church guide (available: May 1998):
St. John the
Evangelist: the Parish Church of East Holme in Dorset, by Robin
Adeney. Published by East Holme PCC, January 1998.
booklet with colour pages in centre giving an excellent description of the
Church building and an account of its history.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael
Last updated: 11 March 2016.