Chapel, Farrington, Dorset (2013)
Small chapel with (now empty) bellcote, now redundant and deconsecrated. Pevsner reported that it had
a Norman font: "Fluted shallow circular bowl on a short stem of the same diameter as the bowl."
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by William Shipp and James Whitworth Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols and Sons, 1861-1873.
- Arthur Mee, ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, p. 102.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 203.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 3, Central
Dorset. London: HMSO, 1970, pt. 1, pp. 127-128.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust page: http://www.dorsethistoricchurchestrust.co.uk/farrington.htm
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 22 March 2013.