Former Church of St. Catharine, Haydon, Dorset
This is a redundant church that has been converted for residential use, so there is absolutely no public access to the building or churchyard without the owners permission. It is, however, possible to view the building from the nearby public road. The church is by Carpenter & Ingelow of 1883. Newman and Pevsner note that some 13th century features had been reused, chiefly window frames. They also reported the existence of "uncommonly handsome" seventeenth-century benches.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day, Last updated: 6 April 2010.