Milton Abbey (Abbey Church of St. Mary, St. Samson
and St. Branwalader)
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. 35.
- Hope, M., Dorset. In: Humphrey, S.C., ed., Blue guide: churches
and chapels of southern England. London: Black; New York: Norton,
1991, pp. 193-195.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873.
- Jenkins, S. England's thousand best churches. London: Allen
Lane, the Penguin Press, 1999, p. 157.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 157-160.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, pp. 286-289.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 3,
Central Dorset. London: HMSO, 1970, Pt. 2, pp. 183-189.
Current church guide (available 1998):
Abbey, Dorset, by Stephen Jones and Peter Traskey. Derby: English
Life Publications, 1997.
Glossy, 24 page booklet, copiously
illustrated with photographs containing a history of the Abbey Church
together with a description of the building. Also includes information
about the Chapel of St. Catherine, , Milton Abbey House and the village of
8, 11 cwt. in G.
St Catherine's Chapel, Milton Abbas
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 13 June 2014.