Oborne (St. Cuthbert)
St. Cuthbert's Church, Oborne, Nr. Sherborne, Dorset
The remains of the old parish church are on the south side of the main
road (A30). Only the chancel remains. A new church by Slater was
built in 1862.
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by William Shipp and James Whitworth Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols and Sons, 1861-1873.
- John Kinross., Discovering England's smallest churches. London:
Wiedenfeld & Nicholson, 2003, pp. 40-41.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, pp. 306.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, p. 63.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 16 October 2000.