Puddletown (St. Mary)
Puddletown (St. Mary), Dorset (2015)
- Beatty, C.J.P. Thomas Hardy conservation architect: his work for
the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings. Dorchester:
Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society, 1995, pp. 42-49.
- Betjeman, J., Sir John Betjeman's guide to English parish
churches, revised and updated by Nigel Kerr. London: HarperCollins,
1993, p. 184.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches. [Dorchester]: DHCT,
1988, p. 41.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873.
- Jenkins, S. England's thousand best churches. London: Allen
Lane, the Penguin Press, 1999, pp. 159-160.
- Lehane, B. Dorset's best churches. Wimborne Minster: Dovecote Press, 2006, pp. 105-107.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 194-196.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 349-350.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 3,
Central Dorset. London: HMSO, 1970, pt. 2, pp. 222-225.
- Sackett, T. and Sackett, E., Francis Frith's Dorset Churches.
Salisbury: Frith Book Co., 2000, pp. 64-65.
6, 16-1-18 in E.
SDGR page: http://sdgr.org.uk/branches/dorchester/towers/m-p/puddletown/
Puddletown (St. Mary), Dorset (2013)
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael
Last updated: 7 September 2015.