Sutton Waldron (St. Bartholomew)

Sutton Waldron Church

St. Bartholomew's Church, Sutton Waldron, Dorset

1846; designed by George Alexander. Painted polychromy inside by Owen Jones, although Pevsner considered the whole interior to be "dull," with "typical functional mid-C19" shaped benches. By contrast, Betjeman described the church as "one of the best and most lovely examples of Victorian architecture."

Sources:

Sutton Waldron Church

St. Bartholomew's Church, Sutton Waldron, Dorset


To Dorset Churches Index Page


Maintained by Michael Day, Last updated: 22 March 2013.