St. Paul's Church, Abbotsbury Road, Westham, Weymouth, Dorset [May 2011]
A late 19th century church by G. H. Fellowes Prynne, 1893-6, with a chancel chapel added in 1903. Newman and Pevsner state that it is "rock faced, in the mixture of Dec and Perp details which Bodley had advocated." The materials used are Portland stone, but with Bath stone dressings. Prynne was a dedicated Anglo-Catholic and was also responsible for St Alban's Church, Bournemouth (1907-9).
A short tour of the building can be found on the church's Website: http://www.stpaulweymouth.org/.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day, Last updated: 12 May 2011.