Whitchurch Canonicorum (St. Wite)
The Parish Church of St. Candida (or St. Wite) and
Holy Cross, Whitchurch Canonicorum, Dorset.
- Betjeman, J., Sir John Betjeman's guide to English parish
churches, revised and updated by Nigel Kerr. London: HarperCollins,
1993, p. 186.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. 56.
- Hope, M., Dorset. In: Humphrey, S.C., ed., Blue guide: churches
and chapels of southern England. London: Black; New York: Norton,
1991, pp. 202-204.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873, Vol. x.
- Jenkins, S. England's thousand best churches. London: Allen
Lane, the Penguin Press, 1999, p. 163.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 284-287.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, pp. 458-460.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 260-263.
- Sackett, T. and Sackett, E., Francis Frith's Dorset Churches.
Salisbury: Frith Book Co., 2000, pp. 20-22.
- Whitchurch Church History, Golden Cap Benefice: http://www.goldencapbenefice.org.uk/whitchurch-church-history
St Wita's shrine, Whitchurch Canonicorum, Dorset.
8, 17-0-18 in D.
Carving of axe and ship, Whitchurch Canonicorum, Dorset.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 5 August 2009.