Wimborne Minster (St. Margaret's Chapel)
St. Margaret's Chapel, Wimborne Minster, Dorset
The Chapel of St Margaret and St Anthony was originally part of a leper hospital, then part of a complex of
almshouses. The chapel was restored and returned to ecclesiastical use in the 1880s.
- Arthur Mee, ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, p. 172.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 310.
- Perkins, T., Wimborne Minster and Christchurch Priory: a short
history of their foundation and description of their buildings.
(Bell's cathedral series). London: G. Bell & Sons, 1899.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 5,
East Dorset. London: HMSO, 1975, pp. 44-45.
- Terence and Eliza Sackett, Francis Frith's Dorset Churches.
Salisbury: Frith Book Co., 2000, pp. 106-107.
- Extract from the Victoria County History on the Hospital of St Margaret and St Anthony, Wimborne (from British History Online): http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=40164
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 22 March 2013.