Winterbourne Came (St. Peter)
St. Peter's Church, Winterborne Came
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. x.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, pp. 303-307.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 475.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 2, South-East
Dorset. London: HMSO, 1970, pt. 2, pp. 383-384.
- Churches Conservation Trust page: http://www.visitchurches.org.uk/Ourchurches/Completelistofchurches/St-Peters-Church-Winterborne-Came-Dorset/
- South Winterborne Local History pages: http://www.dths98.co.uk/james/winterborne/came.php
Current church guide (available 2011):
Bettey, J. H., St Peter's Church, Winterborne Came, Dorset [Revised Version]. Churches Conservation Trust, 1997.
Memorial for William Barnes, St. Peter's Church, Winterborne Came
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 9 May 2011.