Yetminster (St. Andrew)
St. Andrew's Church, Yetminster (2013)
- Betjeman, J., Sir John Betjeman's guide to English parish
churches, revised and updated by Nigel Kerr. London: HarperCollins,
1993, p. 187.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. 61.
- Hutchins, J. The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson, Westminster:
J.B. Nichols, 1861-1873.
- Mee, A., ed., Dorset: Thomas Hardy's country. The King's
England. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1939, p. 326.
- Newman, J. and Pevsner, N., The buildings of England: Dorset.
Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 504.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 270-272.
- Sackett, T. and Sackett, E., Francis Frith's Dorset Churches.
Salisbury: Frith Book Co., 2000, pp. 88-89.
Current church guide (available 2008):
St Andrew's Church Yetminster, by Jocelyn Berthoud and Nora Windridge. Yetminster Local History Society; no. 1 (1987).
Much more than a church guide, this is a 116 page booklet providing a well-researched history of the St. Andrew's Church, with appendices on organs, bells, and much else of interest.
6, 18-0-8 in E.
Memorial to Bridget Minterne (17th century)
Horsey Memorial Brass (early 16th century)
St. Andrew, Yetminster
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael
Last updated: 8 April 2013.